Earn income from carbon
Since 2006, Forest Carbon has been working with landowners, tenants, and land-managers, helping to fund woodland creation and peatland restoration projects in the UK.
Whether you're a landowner or tenant, farmer or crofter we have the experience and expertise you need to generate carbon income.
We support landowners at every step of the carbon funding journey.
Whatever the scale of your woodland creation scheme, we can conduct:
- A free, no-obligation carbon calculation assessment
- Work with you on funding requirements and support with grant applications
- Additionality Assessment
- Provide advice and insight on carbon sequestration in woodlands, including the impact of different management regimes and project durations, to optimise your carbon income.
For eligible projects we can:
- Find a corporate buyer for the carbon your land sequesters
- Provide fixed or variable, transparent payment terms
- Register your project on the Woodland Carbon Code or Peatland Code
- Register your project with the UK Land Carbon Registry, hosted by IHS Markit
- Provide validation and ongoing verifications every 10 years
If you want to speak to a Forest Carbon advisor: